Thursday, August 16, 2007

Velvety Brown Ripple Throw

A customer requested a blanket for her daughter. She told me she wanted a nice blanket to snuggle up with. I went to Michael's and decided on 2 balls of Lion Suede Taupe, 3 balls of Lion Suede Mocha and 3 skeins of Lion Homespun Faun.

I used my c-mama ripple pattern. I started with one row Suede Mocha, one row Suede Taupe, one row Suede Mocha and 6 rows Homespun Faun. I ended with the Suede rows. I ran out of Homespun after 5 rows, which I had anticipated, but the blanket measures about 45" wide and 42" tall.

I have some ideas on how to proceed, but it depends on how much more my customer wants to spend. I can use up the rest of the suede and crochet a border around the blanket. I used about 12" of the last ball of mocha and have an entire ball of taupe left. Or, I can purchase another 2 skeins of Homespun to make the throw about 24" taller. Or, I can purchase another 3 skeins of Homespun and another ball of mocha and make the throw twice as tall. So, I'll find out tonight which directions she wants to go in. Here are pictures of the throw as it sits now.





Oh, and after making this throw, I want one for myself made entirely of suede. This throw is divine.

No comments: