Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sweet Baby Jacket for Shelly

My friend, Shelly, asked me to make a baby sweater and hat for her friends who are having a baby in September. She wants a purple one and it to be 12-18 months. I found this awesome looking book at Michael's, Crochet for Tots, but it was $24.95 and I really didn't have the extra funds to purchase it. So, instead, I picked up a(nother) Bernat booklet, Precious Pieces to knit and crochet. It was only $0.99. I picked up 2 skeins of Bernat Baby Coordinates in "Lovely Lilacs" and "Soft Mauve".

Again, my gauge is off. Crocheting clothing is challenging for me with the gauge thing. I tend to crochet tight compared to most designers. So, I made a swatch (I HATE making swatches - just let me get to the project!) with a G hook. My swatch was 3/4 inch too small. So, I'll use an H hook.

No comments: