Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gauge

I purchased Bernat's pattern book, Easy Living with Crochet. I want to make a few of things in the book, but am starting today with 2a. Pink Tidy Tote. Why do people include colors in their titles? What if I'm making this Pink Tidy Tote in a different color? Oh, well. I'm using Bernat Softee Chunky Twists - Twilight Twists. It's taupe, light taupe and light blue. Very nice colors.

The pattern calls for a G hook. Yes, you got that right. A bulky, size 5 yarn with a G hook. Well, I start with my 4.25 G hook, knowing I will probably have to use a larger hook. I end up with a J. A J! From G to J. That, to me, is a huge difference. I cannot imagine how loose this designer crochets! Unless it was a misprint. Oh, well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine even getting a G Hook to grab bulky yarn!