Thursday, August 02, 2007

Starting the Personalized Baby Afghan

My friend gave me the money tonight to purchase the yarn for the personalized blanket. We don't have a LYS here (yet) so I wandered into Jo-Ann not expecting to find much. And I wasn't disappointed. You know, their website has a decent selection of yarn, but my local store barely has anything. Every time I go in there it looks as if they are going out of business. Tonight, there were whole baskets of yarn missing. :(

So, it was off to Walmart I go. I know that they had some Caron Simply Soft that I'd use if I couldn't find anything "yummy" locally. I picked up 6 skeins of Rose Violet and 2 skeins of White. While there, I noticed they had Bernat Softee Chunky. I picked up 5 skeins in Medium Sea Green. I figured I could make up a nice masculine blanket.

Yay! I'm off to work on this blanket.

No comments: