Friday, August 24, 2007

Tina needs clothes

My 14 year-old daughter has a Cabbage Patch doll that been in our family since she was born. Her name is Christina and Emily called her Tina from the time she could talk.

Well, Tina has been given to our youngest son, Logan. He's 3. But, by now, Tina has no clothes. So I told Logan I would make her some. Easy enough. I'm sure there are patterns online for a 14" Cabbage Patch Doll.

I can't find a pattern that I don't have to pay for. And I'm not paying for a pattern.

So, I got out my 101 stitches for crochet. I sketched an outline of a shirt and an outline of a pair of pants on 2 plain pieces of paper. As I was leafing through the book, I figured I'd just make, for the shirt, 2 5" granny squares and sew them together up the side, leave a hole large enough for her head (and boy, does she have a big head!), leave arm holes and crochet an edging for the bottom and the neck. Then I guess I'll do a simple sleeve, haven't figured that out, yet.

The granny square I like to make is:
Round 1: Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, *3 dc, ch 2, rep from * 2 more times. Connect with sl st on 3rd chain of beg ch 3. Do this around the Magic Adjustable Ring
Round 2: Ch 3, *dc in ea dc, sh (2dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in corner ch 2 sp, rep from * around. Sl st to join. Repeat round 2 until square measures desired width.

No comments: