Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Velvety Brown Ripple Throw - Finished again

Update: The blanket was given to her daughter and her daughter sent me a photo of it on their living room couch. Nice!

:) Wow! I cannot believe that in only 2 days - actually a day and a half - was all it took for me to add another 42" to the Velvety Ripple Throw. The kids and I went to Michael's on Friday morning to get the yarn needed and I started working on it Friday afternoon. I finished weaving in the ends last night, only needing to work on 4 ends this morning.

I believe the Lord was speaking Philippians 4:4-8 for this blanket.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

I was having a difficult time coming up with something for this blanket. But last night I was feeling overly anxious about some things. I thought it was unrelated to the blanket. But when I searched out the above scripture, I thought that, maybe these verses were for the blanket - the owner. As I wrote them down, peace started coming over me. I'm sure that was just as much for me as for the fact that this is what God wanted me to write down.

I will be delivering the blanket to my friend today. I have received a ton of compliments on the blanket. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I wish I could have incorporated a bit more suede into the blanket, but the finished project is good.

I do not have photos of the completed project, but if you check out this post you can see pictures of it half completed. :)

No comments: