Saturday, September 15, 2007

SWS Bag and Beret

I made up a bag and beret using Patons SWS in Natural Earth. To find out more about the pattern I used, see this post. I used an I hook. The pattern called for 3 balls for the bag. But I used 2 plus a little bit from the 3rd. A friend's daughter, a junior in high school, asked me if I'd be able to make a beret like one her friend has from Urban Outfitters. Well, I couldn't find a pattern I was happy with (in making it look similar to the ones at Urban Outfitters), so I tried to make up something. It wasn't big enough for a teenager, but it fits my 12 year old. :)

The bag measures 9" wide at the bottom, 2" deep and 18" from the bottom to the top of the strap.

It's not lined, so I can't put heavy things in it, but it's great for a ball or two of yarn, some hooks, my wallet, keys, etc. Perfect little purse for ME! :)

No comments: