Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Comfortghan for an online friend

I have a friend who has been going through a lot this past year and is now in the hospital with kidney stones. I had been wanting to make her a comfortghan for some time now, but this last bit of news about her in the hospital has pushed me to want to get started on it now.

I have to wait until tomorrow to get the yarn. I had been torn between coziest throw and Say it with hearts. I would like to make the "coziest throw", but in order to make it the way I really want to, I'd have to spend too much money on yarn and I can't do that right now. Besides, I've been thinking about the hearts afghan for about a week now. So, off to Michael's I'll go tomorrow and hope that they have some nice worsted weight yarn on sale. I need 64 oz! Wow.

I hope they have some Susan Bates Bamboo hooks in. Even though I can get a deal on Coats & Clark, I really want them NOW. :)

Maybe I'll finish the doily baby blanket I'm making up, but if I don't, it's ok. I still have a bit of time before that baby is born.

No comments: