Friday, June 27, 2008

Polymer Clay Hooks

I have a set of Susan Bates Aluminum Hooks with bamboo handles. However, they only start at size G. It was no problem since I was on a blanket making frenzy, but I'm wanting to go back to threads and smaller yarns.

The problem is that my hands are so used to the bamboo handles that they hurt when I use the smaller hooks. I decided to make some polymer clay handles on my smaller sized hooks. They came out pretty cool. I was going to do all my steel hooks, but then I found the Boye® Interchangeable Head Crochet Hook Set, 14 Hooks. So, I just added a handle to the hook I'm using now and when my set comes in, I'll see if I need to add a handle to the Boye handle or not.

Anyway, here's my little trip into polymer land.

Polymer Clay Hooks

1. Hooks with clay handles, 2. Shell on Thread hook, 3. Thread Hook in hand, 4. Polymer Clay Crochet Hook

1 comment:

LadyLinoleum said...

I have the exact same problem. My hands take so long to adjust. I like the polymer handle idea. Pretty cool!