Monday, June 23, 2008

Belles of the Ball

I was organizing my Ravelry projects and came across a pattern in Magic Crochet, June 1989 that I want to do. It's called Belles of the Ball, design by Mayumi Sato. I will be working it up in size 10 thread and a 7 hook.

It's amazing that after all those years of making doilies, then taking a couple of years off to make things with yarn, how difficult working with thread and small hooks are. I'm looking into either getting new steel hooks with larger handles or baking a polymer clay handle on my current hooks (that looks better to me financially). We shall see. In the meantime, I'll be working with a nakkie hook. ;)

Belles of the Ball

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

That is so beautiful. I'm slowly growing my crochet horizons as I stumble upon new things.

I started when I was about 10 with one "pattern" my grandma has shown my mom, a wave. Just this summer I learned how to read patterns and amigurami. I made a bear and now am working on an afghan of hearts and diamonds.

Next I'd love to learn this style with the small string and tiny hooks. It makes such beautiful things. Wow. Impressive. Great work.