Friday, October 27, 2006

Child's Autumn Pullover

Design by Laura Gebhardt. Found in October 2006 issue of Crochet World, page 36.

Besides the baby layettes I have done, this is the first sweaterI have attempted to make. It was supposed to be for my 4 year old son, but was too small. Evidently my tension is tighter than Laura's. That's probably why there's a gauge in the pattern, huh? Maybe next time I'll look into checking my gauge. Oh, well. It worked out ok for Logan, my 2 year old and I was able to make some notes to myself about the pattern so that when I make one for Kenny next, it will fit him much better. :)

I used some worsted weight yarn had stashed away - white, light blue, medium blue and dark blue. The two darker colors are Caron Simply Soft. I also used an I hook.

***Note to self for future pullovers*** Leave about a 12" to 15" tail for stripe for assembly. It will make for a more "seamless" look and be faster than weaving those ends in each time a stripe is finished. :faint:

I've also measured my 4 year old this time and will make the sweater custom for him.

Now for the photos...


No comments: