Monday, October 23, 2006

Another Blanket

I am so enjoying making blankets and shawls and especially using the Homespun. Yum!
This new blanket is about 62" x 42". I used Homespun Sierra, an N hook and this pattern.
Don't let the lacy look of the blanket fool you. This yarn is thick and will keep you warm. As I was crocheting it, I had to keep it off my lap because it was so warm. And my home is never above 76.




Lately I have been getting scripture stuck in my head as I crochet certain pieces. I remember a song sung by one of our worship leaders and it went, "there'll be streams in the desert places", I think the song was called A New Thing. This song kept going through my head while I crocheted this. So I am attaching this scripture to the blanket:

Isaiah 43:18-21
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.
The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I proved water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chose, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.

No comments: