Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Baby Blankets - White & Greet Arrowhead Afghan with Popcorn Stitch

One would think I was tired of making blankets, right? Well, I'm not and I'm going to take advantage of that!

I have a friend who is adopting a (boy?) from a teenage mom when the baby is due - any day now. There are 2 users on an internet forum I am part of that I'm friendly with whose wives are having babies. But their babies are due in September. So, my friend who is adopting gets the next blanket.

I'm using Lion Brand Pound of Love in white and pastel green. I'm using an H hook and a pattern called "Arrowhead Afghan With Popcorn Stitches. I have used this pattern before for my kids' blanket (the one that they cut with the scissors grrrr). It's from a book "Better Homes and Gardens White Crochet". Hmmm. I'm unable to find it online. If you want more information about the book, let me know - cmama (dot) busybee (@) gmail (dot) com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would like to know if the book of Better Homes and Gardens where the "Arrowhead Baby Blanket" if the cover is red w/ a white doily and is hardcover and how many pages. I would love the pattern for a wedding gift. and also the Pink and White Doily Baby Afghan and where can I get the pattern (instructions) Thank you so much in advance.

c-mama said...

The Better Homes and Gardens book - yes it's a reddish hard cover with a white doily on it. There are 80 pages to the book. The afghan is found on page 68.

The doily baby afghan was a pattern I purchased on ebay - http://stores.ebay.com/Creations-by-Rebecca-Leigh