Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Blanket - Inheritance

When I make items, I pray and ask the Lord to show me some scriptures or song lyrics that will speak to the person that I'm making it for. I don't always know who will receive the item, but I know that the right person will be touched by it and know it's for them.

Our family went on a vacation of sort the during the last week of June. It was a conference with MorningStar Ministries, which is the ministry our church, New Dawn, is part of. I started this blanket on the drive from South Florida to Ft. Mill, South Carolina. During this conference, I felt out of place at times, feeling as if I didn't belong. Not because they weren't welcoming. It was because I felt as if I didn't deserve to be there. Silly, I know, but I do have issues with things like that and I am trying to work through them. This verse really spoke to me for this blanket - 2 Corinthians 4:7 - But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. Then I heard one of the speakers, Bill Johnson, from Bethel Church in Redding California. He was speaking on our inheritance. Our kingdom inheritance. Then I remembered that I have a book co-authored by him called The Supernatural Ways of Royalty. I knew that this is what the Lord wants the recipient of the blanket to know. He wants this person to know that they are a child of the Living God and that He wants them to live as a Prince and not as a Pauper. That is why I call this the Inheritance Blanket.

This is made out of Lion Brand Homespun Mediterranean. I used an N hook and the pattern, Super Fast and Easy Throw. It measures 40" x 70".







No comments: