Sunday, July 09, 2006

Charity Doilies

I forgot to mention. I have made an inquiry to Heritage International Ministries about making doilies. Heritage International Ministries, H.I.M., is an equipping and ministry base for Christians from around the world. MorningStar purchased the former Heritage USA Grand Hotel, Conference Center, and 52 acres in September 2004 and is restoring the property.

Our church is part of Morningstar Ministries and we attended a conference there last week. We stayed at the hotel, which is being used as their church and conference center. I got to looking at all the naked tables there and wanted to see some lace on them. :)

I filled out a contribution form letting them know I desired to crochet doilies and table runners for the hotel. We'll see what their answer is.

In case they say yes, I have started on some already.

Tulip Leaf Doily from a pamphlet called Doilies from American Thread Co. Star Doily Book No. 131, printed 1956.
The Pinwheel Doily from Star Doily Book No. 104, Copyright 1953. I've made one of these before, but I cannot locate a photo at the present. It's there, in my photogallery. I just cannot find it.

I really home H.I.M. accepts my doilies. :)

No comments: