Wednesday, June 07, 2006

W.I.P.s - Wednesday 6/7/06

Well, the bag didn't work out. :( I am just not a sewer. So I ended up purchasing a basket/bag from Walmart with the gromet hole aready there. I will add some of the eyelets around so I can have more than one project in the basket. I am working again on Heart Strings Afghan by Winnona Nagy. I found the pattern in the June 2005 issue of Crochet World, page 42. I'm working it up with Caron Simply Soft in white with an I hook. I was going to give it to my friends who got married, but I didn't finish it in time. In fact, right now, I'm a little over 1/3 through. I need to make 33 rows of heart and I'm on row 17. Hmm. My math really isn't good, is it? I'm a little more than 1/2 through! Yippee!. We already gave our friends a gift certificate to Macy's so someone else will be getting this blanket - I just don't know who yet. I have been praying Psalm 84 over it. I'm also making some bracelets. I found the pattern in a Crochet! magazine, but since I cannot find it right now, I don't know which issue it is. I'm a little upset with myself as there were 2 different patterns and I only made one pattern up so far. I can copy the pattern - not difficult, but I didn't make up the other one and I don't know how it works up. I guess I can make a choice to spread my wings into designing my own... :( Not looking forward to that. I also want to make up a small pouch using Aunt Lydia's Double Strand (3) - same I'm using for the bracelets. I want it to put my id in when I don't want to carry my purse. Edited: Yeah! I found the Crochet! Magazine!!! I can now make the other bracelet. It's the May 2006 issue, page 18.

No comments: