Wednesday, May 10, 2006

5/10/06 W.I.P.s

* Baby blankets for my friend, Beth. She purchased some Department 71 Sofie in Hula Blues and Pastels. I am using an N hook, ch 102, hdc in 3rd ch from hook and in each chain across (not as easy as it sounds since I cannot see the stitches. I decide on the 2nd row to, ch2, hdc between 1st and 2nd st, hdc between ea st across. Much easier than trying to see the stitches. I will be doing that until I use all 10 balls. I'm starting with the Pastels. Wow, it's coming out so nicely. I really like the colors and how they look together. * Doily - "Time for Refreshment" by Mayumi Sato. Page 55 from Magic Crochet Issue December 1988, Number 57. Done in ecru size 10 with a 4 hook, I think. I'm hoping to get it done by Saturday for my friend's wedding. * Scarf - "Oval Runner" by Elisabeth Hiddleson. Page 38 from Magic Crochet Issue December 1988, Number 57. Done in white size 10 with a 4 hook, I think. I had made this oval runner for my friend's bridal shower - see post - and her mom had seen it when it was just a long rectangle. She said it would look great as a scarf. She asked if I could make her one when I was finished with the runner. I'll work it through round 100 probably. * Hat - Durango by YarnCat. I'll be doing this in White Caron Simply Soft with a strand of white/silver crochet size 10 thread worked in. My friend who wanted the scarf also wants the hat. She asked if I could make it in white with silver. I thought this the best way to accomplish that task.

2 comments:

LadyLinoleum said...

You've got lots going over in your neck of the woods! Can't wait to see the FO's.

c-mama said...

LOL! Thanks. I can't seem to keep my focus on just one at a time. It's going to drive me crazy one day!