Sunday, April 23, 2006

Table Runner finished!

The table runner I made for my friend's wedding shower is finished. Her shower was today and, yes, I was crocheting it at the shower. Now, I have read that it's not polite to crochet the gift you are giving at the shower, however, I did ask permission, and my friends know me well enough that I am ALWAYS crocheting. They did not think it rude of me, at all.

It measures 20" wide by 55" long. I crocheted it using size 10 white, cotton thread. I used a pattern from Magic Crochet, December 1988, Number 57. It is #19 in the book, Oval Runner by Elisabeth Hiddleson. I think I used a size 7 hook. It had a stone handle and I forget what size it is. :D It's between a 7 and 5. I started it Good Friday and finished today, so it took a week and 2 days.




6 comments:

c-mama said...

Thank you, Lynn. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, it's pretty!

Anonymous said...

that was ashley by the way

c-mama said...

Thank you, Ashley. :) LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I wish that I can make something nice like that.

Tina said...

Well blogger just ate my comment. Grr
Your table runner is just beautiful!! What a beautiful shower gift! I haven't ever crocheted at a shower, but I have wrapped up a baby blanket not-yet-finished and put a note in w/ it saying 'This is your baby shower gift it is not quite done...' ;p I don't think it's rude to crochet the gift at a shower either.