Friday, April 04, 2008

Personalized Baby Afghan #2

My friend has asked me for another baby blanket. Another family member on her son-in-law's side recently gave birth to a baby boy.

She said the first blanket was a hit with the family so we decided on a second one for this little guy. Since he has already been dubbed "The Prince", I decided to modify the border with crowns in place of the hearts.

When I first charted out a crown, I didn't take into account that my graph paper was square but the area I was working with was more rectangular, given I'm using dc. But I did think ahead to make up some swatches to see what it looked like. I decided to modify the border even more. The pattern shows 6 hearts along the bottom, top and 2 hearts along each side. Because I don't want my crowns look like they've been squished from the sides, I am making 3 crowns along the top and bottom with nothing along the sides.

I've also charted his name and need to chart another crown for the mat portion of the blanket. I've completed the bottom portion of the crown border and am about halfway done with one of the sides.

No comments: