Thursday, October 04, 2007

Such a dilemma

I'm making a thread project. But I miss working with yarn. I want to go to Michael's and pick up some Lion Brand Suede to make a vest or some Paton's SWS to make a vest. The dilemma? Scott is going to be taking me to a LYS on Saturday. We're going to the Boca Town Center Mall (Apple Store) to get him a new iPod (Emily, our oldest daughter is going to be getting his old one for her birthday) and I figured since we were in the neighborhood, could we check out Great Balls of Yarn. I've never been there.

I don't usually like going into a LYS without having a project in mind, and I don't know what they carry. I suppose I could go to "scout" the joint out.

See? Dilemma. Go to Michaels, spend my money on Suede or Wool/Soy or wait (that's the key word here) until Saturday to see what the LYS has in store for me.

2 comments:

taokeema said...

Hi, Debbie,

Did you purchase the SWS to make your Empire Vest? I bought some Natural Pink yesterday at Michael's 30% yarn sale, and it is working up beautifully. Wanted to get a sanity check on tension. At the gauge given in the pattern, my results look denser than the photos in the pattern book, and while I'm getting the prescribe stitches per inch, I'm getting more rows per inch. It's like my rows aren't tall enough. Any thoughts?

Blessings,

Tao

c-mama said...

I did use the SWS to make the Empire Vest. I didn't have any difficulty with gauge or tension, though. Maybe try a bit larger hook?